“The principal forms of our physical and social environment are fixed in representations…and we ourselves are fashioned in relation to them.” - Serge Moscovici

Monday, April 25, 2011

Leprechaun in Mobile Alabama



Okay so because I cannot figure out how to upload a video onto this blog, I am putting up pictures from a Newscast/youtube viral video about a Leprechaun spotting in Mobile, Alabama. I think the video offers a comical and stereotypical image of a southern black community and even though it does make me laugh, I feel guilty as a black person laughing at it. I also don't know if it was actually a newscast or a fake one... either way it's a stereotypical comedic representation of blacks that spread all over the internet. The link for the video is below. And here are pictures from it's funniest moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8


No comments:

Post a Comment